The family company, HUBER Packaging Group, produces tinplate packaging for: paints and varnishes, chemical products, as well as food and beverages. In the area beverages, the HUBER Packaging Group is specialised in the production of party kegs and is a global leader in this market segment. The company’s head quarter is located in Öhringen, Baden-Württemberg.
Since taking over four European locations from Crown on the 1st of April 2015, HUBER employs 1,000 staff in eight locations in Germany, England, Finland, France, Austria, Switzerland, and Hungary. The turnover in the new structure was around 200 million Euros in 2017.
- technical realisation of the B2B online shop
- implementation of an interface to a service provider for the compliance check
- implementation of the product information into the Magento Enterprise CMS
- modernisation of the design and transfer to the Magento templates
- full service B2B e-commerce:
- shop management and credit control
- fulfillment and customer support by a partner (GSL Gesellschaft für Service + Logistik in Mitteldeutschland mbH)
dotSource’s full service solution made it possible for the HUBER Packaging Group to enter online trade with low use of its own resources, despite little e-commerce experience.
Especially smaller business customers, whose support by the field representatives would have been a relatively high cost factor, could now be optimally served via the online shop and above all, receive fast service directly from the warehouse.
Furthermore, HUBER Packaging raised their range for customer acquisition with the online shop.
While the dotSource GmbH and an e-commerce manager at HUBER look after all the tasks in the e-commerce value chain, HUBER Packaging sales can concentrate completely on core business and the personal support and advice of regular customers.