This white paper is aimed at all companies and decision makers who are engaged in e-commerce and are about to introduce a product information management system (PIM), to replace their existing system or are seeking the potential to optimise the handling of product data in their company.
Whether you’re part of a manufacturing, retail, B2B, B2B, or pure player business - the decision for a PIM or an MDM system increases your company’s success rates! But PIM is more than just choosing the right software solution, it requires a holistic view of your business. The following white paper provides a guideline for the implementation of a PIM system and evaluates various software solutions for their suitability with regard to different focuses and fields of application.
THIS WHITE PAPER SHOULD ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Why should my business utilise a PIM system?
- What’s important to look out for with the implementation?
- Which business processes could a PIM system improve?
- What PIM systems are there and how are they different from each other?
- Is there still a difference between PIM Systems and MDM Systems?
- What is a Product Information Management System / Difference from Master Data Management (MDM)
- Challenges for Companies
- Advantages of a PIM System
- Supporting measures for the success of a PIM system (Process management, change management, data governance)
- Possible failures with the implementation of a PIM system
- Before introduction, some food for thought
- System evaluation
- PIM system providers compared (Informatica, Stibo Systems STEP, RiverSand, Contentserv, Akeneo, Pimcore, SAP Hybris PCM, inRiver)
- dotSource Vendor Matrix Product Data Management (PIM)