Envases produces tinplate packaging for paints and varnishes, chemical products as well as food and beverages. In terms of beverages, Envases is specialised in the production of party kegs and is a global leader in this market segment. Formerly known as HUBER Packaging Group, the 150-year-old company with a long tradition has been part of the globally renowned Envases Europe A/S with headquarters in Denmark since 2001.
Since taking over four European locations from Crown on the 1st of April 2015, Envases has around 1,000 employees at eight locations in Germany, England, Finland, France, Austria, Switzerland and Hungary.
The company's turnover in 2017 was just under 200 million euros.
|Envases Öhringen GmbH (formerly HUBER Packaging Group GmbH)|
|Full-Service B2B E-Commerce|
|January 2015 – April 2015|
|Magento Open Source|
Project Tasks and Added Value
- Technical implementation of the B2B online shop
- Implementation of an interface to a service provider for the compliance check
- Integration of product information into the Magento CMS
- Modernisation of the design and transfer to the Magento templates
- Full-service B2B e-commerce
- Shop management and credit control
- Fulfilment and customer support by a partner (GSL Gesellschaft für Service + Logistik in Mitteldeutschland mbH)
dotSource's full-service solution enabled Envases
(at that time HUBER Packaging Group) to get started in
e-commerce with few resources of its own – despite little e-commerce experience.
Especially smaller business customers, whose support via field service employees would have been a relatively high cost factor, can now be optimally served via the online shop and – most importantly – quickly receive products directly from the warehouse.
Furthermore, Envases uses the online shop to increase its reach for acquiring new customers.
While dotSource GmbH and an e-commerce manager at Envases take care of all tasks in the e-commerce value chain, the Envases sales department can focus entirely on its core business and on personal support and advice for existing customers.
Want to learn more? I'm looking forward to hearing from you!