Messe Düsseldorf ranks fifth in a global comparison of the world's largest exhibition companies. With 50 trade fairs, of which 24 are the highest ranking in their industry, they may call themselves international market leaders for investment goods fairs and stand out in this area by a high number of international exhibitors and trade visitors.
When it comes to planning and organising trade fairs and their stands, Messe Düsseldorf has always has always placed a great deal of importance to a high level of service. In addition to stands, they offers a broad portfolio of other services that the exhibitors can use to prepare and carry out their trade fair appearance. Products and services from Messe Düsseldorf are also complemented by additional services provided by external service partners.
Messe Düsseldorf has been using an online order system (OOS) for more than 15 years and offers services for the organisation of trade fair appearances via other platforms - including the stand construction configurator, online registration, and the easy administration tool. However, in terms of technical flexibility and user experience, the platform landscape has several vulnerabilities.
Together with dotSource, Messe Düsseldorf wants to replace the previous system with the goal to create a central point of contact, through which exhibitor teams, stand builders, and commissioned agencies can individually compile, book, and manage their complete package for a smooth trade fair appearance.
Services provided by dotSource
- Development of a multi-client capable marketplace based on the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite
- Integration of interfaces to existing SAP ERP as well as to the systems of two media partners
- Connection of the trade fair websites and the ticket shop
- Implementation of a modern responsive design with 3 viewports
- Implementation of a service and consulting portal
- Automation of order processes as well as internal and external workflows