With a product information management (PIM) or master data management (MDM) solution, you can collect and manage product data. A unified digital foundation eliminates the need for time-consuming data reconciliation. Distribute information to interactive systems – in next to no time.
You can also use this type of solution for your print products. With the »PIM & MDM for Print« extension, you can easily, quickly and digitally create marketing and sales materials. This allows you to optimise your processes and use resources efficiently.
- you are already using a data management system and would like to efficiently create marketing and sales materials in the future.
- you want to optimise your processes. Connect the analogue to the digital world. By implementing a PIM or MDM solution, you can benefit from consistent data and the efficient creation of print products.
Fast and Simple Creation of Marketing and Sales Content
With PIM & MDM for Print, you no longer have to manually edit files using graphic design software. This saves you resources, correction loops and time while also optimising processes.
Print Media as a Source of Information
Print media serve as essential sources of information for your customers. With PIM & MDM for Print, you can easily, quickly and digitally create product data sheets, catalogues, flyers, brochures, price lists and so on.
Address your customers in a personalised and individual manner. With PIM & MDM for Print, you can define target audiences in the system, so nothing stands in the way of a personalised approach.
Offline Advertising Materials for a Change
The competition is fierce. Inboxes are overflowing with e-mails and spam filters are intercepting them. With PIM & MDM for Print, you can quickly create individual print mailings. This is a welcome change for your customers. The mailings are sent directly from the data management system.
An important aspect of PIM & MDM for Print is selecting a software solution that suits your needs. Interesting insights into this process can be found in our »Selecting PIM and DAM Software« white paper.
Just click on the button below to download the publication free of charge. We are happy to advise you.
It takes just a few steps to create your marketing and sales content.
This is how it works:
- PIM/MDM System Is in Place
The data management system has already been selected. The data has been imported and managed.
- Sifting Through Materials
Together we inspect your existing print media. What do you want to communicate to your customers and what information (e.g. text, images, tables, etc.) is needed?
- Definition of Properties
After all attributes and assets are stored in the data management system, the properties of the print publication, such as headings, images and texts, are defined in the PIM or MDM system and added to the product.
- Design Template Creation
Next, the design must be taken into account. How do you want to present the information to your customers? Based on this, we create the necessary templates, which are formatted as per your corporate design.
You decide on the extent of personalisation. The export of print media can be partially or fully automated.
- Export of Publications
In the last step, reusable print templates are created – and you can digitally distribute your product data. Depending on the system, your marketing and sales materials are finally available as InDesign files or fully rendered PDF documents.
As a user experience (UX) agency, we make sure you get the best possible design. Owing to reusable templates and linkage to graphic design software, you can quickly create your print products in a uniform manner.
The templates are set up to match your corporate design. If required, we can support you with the following:
Analysis & Concept Creation
- Requirements elicitation
- Consulting on systems, licencing models and possible integrations
- Analysis of existing processes for print media creation
- Definition of pain points and optimisation potential
- Taking into account existing data models
Implementation & Rollout
- Installation of plug-ins
- Establishing the optimised print channel
- Development of and consulting on individual InDesign templates
- Template design through our UX design professionals
- Automated creation of print products
- Setting up necessary interfaces
Support & Optimisation
- Training in using the system and creation of use cases
- Support in using the system and further configurations
- Training in using individual plug-ins
- Redesign of existing templates
- Design and extension for further print products to deliver the ideal brand experience
How much does the »PIM & MDM for Print« extension cost?
The »PIM & MDM for Print« extension is subject to a fee. The pricing is client-specific and depends on the system in use and the selected licence.
Based on your needs, different options are available. We are happy to advise you comprehensively on the content, options and scope of the licencing models.
What are the prerequisites for using the print extension and how does it work?
The use of the print extension is linked to one of the following conditions:
- You are already using a data management system.
- You would like to implement a data management system and benefit from the extension.
Together we analyse your needs and requirements. Different systems are available for the print extension. Thanks to an existing print integration, some of these systems can directly implement this extension and distribute product data for print media. Other systems need a connector. The data can be exported to a file (e.g. InDesign), but fully rendered PDF documents can also be created.
Consistent underlying data is the basis for both options. All necessary data must be collected in the data management system. Moreover, suitable graphics templates are required, which can always be created and optimised by our UX design team if necessary.
How can my company benefit from PIM & MDM for Print?
The implementation of the »PIM & MDM for Print« extension and thus the fast creation of marketing and sales materials is not only a welcome change for your customers. It also allows your company to benefit from the following:
- Optimisation of processes and creation of workflows
- Time savings and reduced personnel costs by eliminating manual effort
- Distribution of complete content without any loss of information by defining mandatory fields
- Real-time data from the data management system for print materials – data reconciliation and manual updates are no longer necessary
- Reduced time to market for your marketing content
- Fast and simple creation of personalised print products by linking customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation systems
- Reusable templates in your corporate design
- Consistent customer experience across all channels
What materials can be created using the print extension?
With PIM & MDM for Print, you can create various print products, including the following:
- Price listes
- Product data sheets
- Operating instructions