The visibility and ranking of websites and online shops in Google's search results depends on many factors. Since May 2021, the Google algorithm will take page experience into account as a new ranking factor. Page experience is a combination of page speed metrics, the new Core Web Vitals and other aspects such as mobile-friendliness and website security. User experience and performance are increasingly becoming the focus of the evaluation. In the next few years, other factors are to be included in page experience.
- We will be happy to support you in monitoring, optimising and implementing the Google update.
The Core Web Vitals are new quality signals for Google alongside already established signals such as Mobile Friendly, Safe Browsing, HTTPS and No Intrusive Interstitials.
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) measures the load time of the largest element in the visible area of the website.
- First Input Delay (FID) measures the time it takes for the browser to react to the first user interaction (e.g. click on a button). This becomes relevant when a website already shows content, but does not yet react to input or only reacts very slowly.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) is a metric that quantifies visual stability. It refers to the unexpected shifting of layout elements while using a website.
- Your ranking for important keywords in organic Google search results declines.
- Ranking losses result in fewer visits to your website or online shop.
Slump in Sales
- Less traffic also means less shopping carts, i.e. fewer sales.
Page Speed Audit
In preparation for the Google Page Experience Update, we analyse the current state of your website. This includes
- a detailed page speed analysis with different toolsets
- a Core Web Vitals audit
- valuable best practice recommendations for optimising page load times
- a prioritised action plan for the implementation of task packages
Long-term performance optimisation is only possible if you keep an eye on all metrics. For this purpose, we create an individual, interactive dashboard for you with Google Data Studio. This allows you to
- collect real user data (no crawled or calculated data)
- obtain even better insights, e.g. page type, browser, device, location, etc., by connecting the dashboard to web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- continuously monitor various metrics, including the Core Web Vitals, DOM Ready, Window Loaded, Time To First Byte, etc.
The dashboard layout is customised to match your corporate design.
More visitors via Google and Co. through targeted on- and off-page optimisation
More visitors via Google and Co.
Success and returning customers through exciting and informative content
Success and returning customers
High reach and a targeted customer approach in the familiar environment of your target group
High reach and a targeted customer approach
Move away from the shotgun approach by using relevant, automated e-mail marketing
Relevant, automated e-mail marketing