BayWa AG is an internationally operating group and one of the leading agricultural traders in Europe. In the wood pellets industry, the group’s energy segment is the market leader in Southern Germany with its Südpellets brand. This position is strengthened by the www.suedpellets.de platform, where wood fuels can be ordered conveniently.
With Suedpellets.de, we wanted to create a streamlined yet powerful platform for our wood pellet and briquette customers. The solution dotSource developed for us in Bloomreach perfectly meets our requirements and will certainly add a lot of value to our sales team in the future.
Initial Situation & Objectives
BayWa AG and dotSource have been working together closely for many years. For Südpellets, a BayWa brand and platform for wood fuels, the website was to be fundamentally changed: this involved migrating from TYPO3 to a new CMS – Bloomreach Experience Manager – and building an innovative CMS channel with commerce features. The goal was to create an appealing brand presence that allows customers to order wood fuels for several months.
Project Scope & Implementation
The migration had to be completed within a tight time frame. After a short scoping phase, BayWa AG and dotSource worked according to agile principles based on Scrum. The new system was implemented sprint by sprint to enable content commerce and use exactly the same CMS as the entire group on www.suedpellets.de.
The new CMS channel resulted in numerous added values for the BayWa brand Südpellets:
- The old CMS (TYPO3) was successfully replaced
- Thanks to the migration to Bloomreach Experience Manager, Südpellets received a modern CMS that is capable of content commerce
- The website was modernised and the design is now fresher
- Data maintenance is significantly easier in the new CMS (front-end editing possible)
- Since the entire BayWa AG uses the CMS, it is now standardised across the group
- The new CMS is easier to maintain
- A more modern website with commerce features promises increases in sales