The ever new technological developments and trends of recent years and decades are opening up completely new opportunities for customer interaction for brands, retailers and manufacturers, regardless of their industry. However, it is often forgotten to distinguish between what is useful and what is feasible when looking at the general trend of digitisation. After all, it is not only about collecting data, but also about using it intelligently. It is not only about offering information, but also about placing it in a targeted manner – and it is not only about preaching omnichannel, but also about living it. Digital intellect is therefore required to distinguish between what is feasible and what is useful.
Looking at digital competitors, learning from their successes and failures is the best inspiration. Even the big names in digital business once started from scratch, turned supposedly wild ideas into innovations and thus set standards. The courage to experiment is rewarded because even unsuccessful experiments have enormous potential – potential to learn, readjust and do better the next time. New, successful business models are created when companies dare to think outside the box and take advantage of digital tools.
Whether it is artificial intelligence for automated processes or business intelligence for more efficient decisions – the repertoire of digital opportunities is as far-reaching as never before. And it keeps on growing. Whoever learns to use this repertoire will eventually have the chance to become a digital trendsetter himself.
Find out more about how to develop and use your digital intellect in our Handelskraft Trend Book 2020!
- Back to the Future: Personalisation, big data, live shopping, international and cross-channel commerce are not inventions of the year 2020, but it is often worth taking a second look to recognise new potential.
- The End of the AI Revolution?: We are not at the beginning of a revolution or amidst a hype. The AI revolution everyone is talking about is long over.
- Modern Work – From Transformation to Innovation: A cross-departmental cultural change is required so that a company can permanently adjust to its digital environment.
- Place to Perform: Does it even make sense to invest in platform business with all the big players already around? Yes, it is all a question of mindset.
- IT Pieces 2020: Not least the growing share of cloud solutions forces companies to develop and implement IT migration strategies. This requires agile, cross-functional teams.
- Facts & Figures: Only as a data-driven company, you can realise the full potential of New Work, AI and other tech trends, cross-border e-commerce and digital platforms.
- B2B: Companies Are Only Humans As Well: A modern, user-friendly customer experience should not be a question of industry.
- Future Retail: What are the trends for brands, retailers and manufacturers to design their customer relationships in a future-proof way?